Who We Are
ALIenergy is a regional agency that promotes better use of energy resources throughout Argyll, Lomond and the Islands. We help communities to benefit from improved energy education and energy efficiency, we tackle fuel poverty and we encourage and promote the development of appropriate renewable energy sources that the area has in abundance, for the benefit of communities within Argyll. ALIenergy is an Argyll based organisation but we also work elsewhere in the UK and EU.
What We Do
- Advice and support - we provide information and advice on energy efficiency, affordable warmth and renewable energy, including energy saving in your home or business and available grants and incentives
- Education & awareness - we offer fun and informative lessons and activities in schools and communities
- Support community energy projects –
including promoting community renewable energy co-operatives
- Develop renewable heat markets in Argyll,
including providing Secretariat for the Argyll Wood fuel Forum
- Deliver energy efficiency programmes in Argyll
– we deliver the Area Based Scheme for Argyll and Bute Council, under the Home Energy Efficiency Programme Scotland
- Supply chains – we support supply chain development in energy efficiency and renewable energy markets
- Training - we deliver training to provide new energy related skills within the community
- Project development - we develop our own projects and provide assistance to community projects
- Consultancy - we deliver contracts for a variety of private sector organisations, agencies and NGOs (non-governmental organisations)
Why Our Work is Important
Our work with our partners and stakeholders helps to provide jobs and development opportunities throughout Argyll – although our work extends beyond Argyll. Our education work in schools ensures that our children grow up to understand the importance of saving energy and to value their environment. The energy efficiency advice and information that we provide helps to reduce energy use and goes towards combating climate change. The energy efficiency schemes that we deliver provide free insulation for households across Argyll, helping to reduce energy bills and combat fuel poverty, as well as reducing carbon emissions. The affordable warmth support that we offer helps vulnerable people on low incomes to heat their homes comfortably. We believe that we make a difference for our economy, our environment and our children in Argyll.
How We Are Funded
ALIenergy acknowledges support from all of the agencies below. We also generate income by delivering contracts for private sector organisations, agencies and NGOs (non-governmental organisations).