Volunteer as an Energy Champion
Become an Energy Champion and help fuel poor households in Argyll and Bute!
Our Affordable Warmth Team have helped thousands of people over recent years in Argyll and Bute who have suffered from fuel poverty but there are still many more out there struggling to heat and light their home comfortably. Our experience has shown us the potential in reaching fuel poor households by working with other organisations.
Do you work for or are you involved with a;
- housing association
- carer group
- community group
- community council
- or another organisation operating in Argyll and Bute?
If YES we want to work with you!
By working with you and your organisation we can reach the people that need our help the most. You will receive our monthly Energy Champion Newsletter-our new method of informing and updating people working with vulnerable households who may be experiencing fuel poverty. Read previous Energy Champion Newsletters here.We need you to help us reach these people by referring them to us, ideally through ABAN or by passing our leaflet on.
We can also visit you and your organisation to deliver a short workshop on fuel poverty and affordable warmth. This will help you to identify fuel poor households, basic knowledge for giving advice and know when to refer your client to our Affordable Warmth Team for more in depth support and advice.
Calling all retired tradesmen/woman!
We’re looking for retired tradesmen and woman to join our Energy Champion team. We know the best way to learn is on the job so we need help from retired electricians, plumbers, heating engineers, joiners etc to share tricks of the trade with us to help improve the energy efficiency of homes in Argyll and Bute.
Our Energy Champions will;
- raise awareness of our Affordable Warmth for Sustainable Rural Communities in Argyll project in their local communities
- identify and refer clients to the Affordable Warmth Advisors for in depth specialist advice
- receive our monthly Energy Champion Newsletter updating you on the services we provide and any current news.
- access FREE training. Recently a few of our Energy Champions successfully completed the City & Guilds Energy Awareness in the Home course and others completed the one day ‘Stay Warm, Stay Well’ training delivered by Energy Action Scotland (EAS).
If you think this opportunity would interest you and you would like to contribute to ALIenergy’s efforts in helping people suffering from fuel poverty please fill out our Energy Champion Registration and email completed forms to email@example.com.
We look forward to working together to help eradicate fuel poverty in Argyll and Bute!
Contact us on 01631 565183 or firstname.lastname@example.org